Assessment and Treatment for Children and Adolescents
At Breakthrough Psychology Practice we are passionate about working with children and adolescents, to help build inner strength and resilience.
We can conduct Assessment and Treatment for child and adolescents Intervention and counselling for a variety of difficulties including:
- Anxiety, Shyness and Stress Reduction (related to learning, performance, separation, social situations)
- Mood Disorders (Depression)
- Grief and Loss, Trauma, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Anger or difficult behaviour
- Attention-Deficit-Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bullying and teasing
- Managing HSC Stress
- Adjustment difficulties
- Dealing with self-inflicted behaviour
- Management of oppositional and defiant behaviour/conduct disorders
- Psychometric and Educational Testing
- IQ Testing
- Identifying Giftedness within children
- Developmental difficulties, Social Skills
- Assessing School readiness and choosing a school
Evidence based research suggests that when working with children or adolescents, working collaboratively with all key parties has a high correlation to positive outcomes in treatment. Therefore, we thrive on working closely with families, schools, GPs, Paediatricians/Psychiatrists and other allied health professionals (where appropriate), with consent, to help establish clear goals for our intervention. Confidentiality will always be maintained in any circumstance.
If you would like to discuss our Assessment and Treatment options, please contact us.